Equipment & Luggage
Do you carry/move our luggage between each overnight stop?
If you book the luggage transport option then we will move 1 piece of luggage per person, usually up to 20 Kilos in weight, transported between your B&B’s as part of this price. On some routes the weight limit may be less, but we will advise you if this is the case. If you leave your luggage at your accommodation in the morning, it will be waiting for you on arrival at the B&B that evening. Any extra bags can be transported (at an additional charge) as long as they are pre-booked.
We also offer a storage service for extra luggage not needing to be transported for this holiday. Please contact us for a quotation.
I’m afraid we do not offer a luggage service on its own.
What do I have to carry?
If you are having your luggage transported, then all you need to carry is a small day sack to hold your waterproofs, personal items, packed lunch, map, guidebook and camera.
What do I need to bring?
We have produced a list of items to bring. We like to advise our clients to always be prepared for all weathers, at all times of year.
- Walking boots – need to be comfortable and well broken in.
- Several pairs of thick walking socks.
- Warm hat and/or sun hat.
- Raincoat: (waterproof and windproof with a hood).
- Waterproof trousers.
- Thermal long-johns & thermal top.
- Fleece tops.
- Fleece or polypropylene trousers (no denim or cotton).
- Spare clothing for the evening.
- Shorts and t-shirt (ideally made from synthetic fibres).
- Map case.
- Torch: with spare batteries.
- First aid kit: insect repellent, sunscreen, blister kits, pain relief and assorted bandages.
- Water bottle.
- Walking poles (if you already use these).
- Small day sack (20-30L) for carrying your personal items.
- Day sack liner / black bin bag / day sack waterproof cover.
- Camera and memory card
- Phone and charger
- GPS (if you already use one).
How do I get to the start of the holiday and back from the end?
We will provide you with information and guidance on how to get to the start of your holiday, but you will need to make the actual arrangements yourself.